ABC Distributing shipping costs ripoff

Sep 17, 2008
review #135711

I ordered a set of very small salt and pepper shakers.They were ordered and payed for on 9/3 ,they did not ship out untill 9/10.

I assumed because they charged me over $6 for shipping this tiny package, that they would ship by UPS (as stated when I ordered). Its now 9/17, and still no item.I called their customer service and was told shipping will take 15 days , because they were shipped parcel post via USPS.

Actually shipping costs should have only been $2.50 ,tops.This company makes up the difference by charging high shipping costs and then shipping out the slowest and cheapest way possible.

b040749
Had an experience with ABC Distributing?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Melissa M

Jun 01, 2009 Stokke, Vestfold

Hi!

I was following up on your previous blog comment on abc’s shipping policies.

At abc distributing, we really take customer feedback seriously. We heard your requests and I am really excited to let you know we made significant improvements to our shipping policies by creating a shipping rate chart! Now you can know your total shipping costs up front, and whether we ship your order in one box or several, you’ll never pay more than what our chart indicates.

If you want to learn more about these great changes please visit us at www.abcdistributing.com
or let me know how I can answer any questions by emailing me at helpline-abc@abcdistributing.com.

Thanks!

Melissa M
Account Specialist
abc distributing

0 0 Reply
Melissa Edmonds

Oct 21, 2008 Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand

Yes I agree that ABC shipping is a rip off. However, if you order from www.lakeside.com they have the same EXACT items, same pricing, but the shipping is lower. I called ABC and they said this shipping from them has something to do with selling to businesses and that's why shipping is so high.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.